RAINBOW - SOME MORE QUOTATIONS
- That gracious thing, made up of tears and light. - Coleridge.
- So shines the setting sun on adverse skies, and paints a rainbow on the storm. - Watts.
- Look upon the rainbow and praise him that made it. - Very beautiful it is in the brightness thereof: it compasseth the heavens about with a glorious circle, and the hands of the Most High have bended it. - Ecclesiasticus.
- Be though the rainbow to the storms of life; the evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray. - Byron.
- Lo! in the dark east, expanded high, the rainbow brightens to the setting sun. - Beattie.
- O, beautiful rainbow, all woven of light! heaven surely is open when thou dost appear, and bending above thee the angels draw near, and sing "The rainbow - the rainbow; the smile of God is here! - Mrs. Hale.
- Hung on the shower that fronts the golden west, the rainbow bursts, like magic, on mine eyes, in hues of ancient promise there imprest, frail in its date, eternal in its meaning. - C.T.Turner.
- Faithful to its sacred page, heaven still rebuilds thy span, nor lets the type grow pale with age, that first spoke peace to man. - Campbell.
- The arc of light, born of the shower and colored by the sun, which spans the heavens! - J.C.Prince.
- That smiling daughter of the storm. - Colton.
The rainbow never tells me
That gust and storm are by;
Yet she is more convincing
-Emily Dickinson. - Further Poems.
I do set my bow in the clouds, and it shall be for a token of a convenant between me and the earth.
- Old Testament, Genesis. IX-13.
My heart leaps up when I behold
A rainbow in the sky.
- Wordsworth - My Heart Leaps Up.